A little cloudy still but everything is in the tank.
I built this little chamber/filter to hold Carbon and Rowaphos to flow water through it but after multiple attempts of siliconing the damn thing, it still leads! One steady drip! Even after the hole is covered, it finds a way through. So frustrating..
"I woke up today" - Owen
"Either I got kicked in the teeth or time has changed me"
What town or city in what state has a really good, close-knit reefing and fish keeping community?
Drew Dexter Morgan on the work white board this month. This is probably my best one to date, just barely passing Walter White.
I work as a manager at a retail store. We close at 8 pm every night except for Sunday. Sometimes people stay till 8:02 or 8:05 and that’s whatever. It’s not that big of a deal. Today, we didn’t have anyone in the store around 7:30 except this family. A mother, her two children (ages 5 and maybe 9?) and what i’ll assume was the mothers mother.
Okay so they’re the only ones in the store for God knows how long. 7:55 rolls around and I had just gotten done counting down my drawer. I walk out to the register to wait for my cashier and all the customers to leave. By the time I reach the register it’s about 7:58 and my cashier informs me that the woman had just left to her previous location to go retrieve her purse. Here’s where it gets good.
- Leaves the store with a cart full of items and DRIVES to a different location to go get her purse five minutes before closing
- Leaves her two children and grandmother there as some kind of forceful way to keep us open
- The grandmother doesn’t watch the kids and lets them freely destroy our store that we just straightened and clean despite all the times we politely tried to end their games
- The mother comes back quarter after eight with her purse
- The mother attempts to continue shopping and looking around rather than checking out and leaving
- Decides against buying half the things my cashier had already bagged and rung up for her
The best part about it is that it didn’t even phase her. She wasn’t embarrassed and she didn’t feel like she was doing anything wrong. Granted, it wasn’t “wrong” but it was incredibly rude to us and not exactly the best example to her kids.
If it were me, i’d be embarrassed as all hell. Never in my life would I do something this rude. I feel embarrassed to go into a store fifteen minutes before closing knowing damn well exactly what I want and that it’ll only take two minutes to get.
People truly amaze me every day at work. I hope that my children (if I ever for some reason have any) are a decent and considerate human being.
I hate people.
Brine Shrimp hatching is happening!
Yes! Got the black background on the 20 gallon rimless and sand as well! Cycling starts this weekend!
I found my favorite
hoodie sweater! It’s been lost for months and i’m sooooo happy to have finally retrieved it.